17 July 2016

Ivory and Bone

Author: Julie Eshbaugh
Series: Ivory & Bone #1
Rating: 2.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Bury

The problem with Ivory and Bone is that there isn't really a problem with Ivory and Bone.  The writing isn't terrible.  The characters aren't annoying.  There is no one thing I can pinpoint about this novel to explain why I didn't enjoy it.  The only issue I have with it is that, plain and simple, it was boring.

There isn't a lot of excitement.  It's billed as a romance, but there really isn't much romantic tension between any of the characters.  There are clashing clans with a lot of predated history and tension, but even that doesn't turn into much.  In the end, I simply found myself skim reading the majority of the novel once I'd reached halfway or two, simply to get it off my nightstand and allow me to start a different story.

I honestly don't see this being a trilogy though.  Once through it was enough for me, until Eshbaugh really pulls out all of the stops the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment