16 February 2016

Seriously... I'm Kidding

Author: Ellen Degeneres
Rating: 4.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Buy

This book is friggin hysterical.  There is no other word for it.  H-y-s-t-e-r-i-c-a-l I tell you.  I actually laughed aloud, slightly bent over at the waist at the steering wheel during a red light funny.  The worst part of this audiobook?  It's too short.  It didn't even last me a week.  But it's humorous enough that I'm sure I'll listen to it again.  I might even buy a copy of the actual book for my coffee table.

I've listened to a lot of audiobooks by comedians lately, and this is by far the funniest of the lot so far.  And it's the most relatable of them as well to date.  Ellen's book goes off on such random tangents (like the part where she's sitting on the beach) that sound exactly like my brain's dysfunctional pathways to nowhere.  It's like she's my long lost, much older twin.

The key is, don't take this book seriously.  I'm not kidding.  More than half of the stuff in this novel is most likely, probably a lie.  But nonetheless, it's funny.  FUNNY, I tell you.  So get the audiobook and listen to it.  Just don't send Ellen a picture of you listening to it in your bathtub... unless you have a view of Colorado out your open bathroom window.  Then it would probably be okay.  And thank God they finally got her not so subtle hint about the Finding Nemo sequel that is coming out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment