18 October 2015

A Thousand Pieces of You

Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Firebird #1
Rating: 2 / 5 stars rating
Verdict: Bury

This novel has just enough vision to make you hopeful that you've finally found another good sci-fi YA novel, and then so much poorly timed romance to make you curse the author for ever giving you hope in the first place.

It's hard to find good young adult sci-fi, and I don't think I've found another yet about the multiverse theory of the universe.  It has such unlimited potential in the plot, but Meg is so wishy washy with her allegiances and trusts that it makes the back and forth of the plot - which focuses mainly on whether she has feelings for Theo or Paul more - just plain hard to stomach.  In addition, the plot itself it wasted on subplots within the different parallel universes that have little if nothing to do with the main premise of the story.

I really wish I could have liked this novel, but it just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment