15 May 2015

Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation

Author: Bill Nye
Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Verdict: Borrow

Everyone sing with me know, on the count of three.  One.  Two.  Three.  "Bill Nye, the Science Guy.  BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL!"

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, let's get down to business.  I have to say, I feel a little cheated since I heard the StarTalk Radio he joined in which he covered a lot of the interesting tidbits he took from this book that I hadn't know about.  For example, the new species developing in the London Underground?  Pretty fascinating.  But since it was already spoiled to me, it took away some of the shock and awe from hearing it in the audiobook.

In addition, I would consider myself a rather educated young individual.  So between my schooling (including the anthropology class I took at university) and the documentaries I've watched, there wasn't a whole lot I learned from this book, except from some biology stuff which, quite frankly, still went over my head.  I think I'm a little bit out of the target audience for this book.  But regardless, my husband and I both found it interesting.  It is well pieced together, and covered a much broader range than I expected.  It's a great read for people who are taught creation at school (what?! but that's a heated debate for another time), as well as for people who are just curious about the world around them.  It's probably not a book I'll buy and ever read again, since there was little new I learned about it, but it definitely captivated my attention for the whole of the 8 CDs in the audiobook (except for, ok, the microbiology stuff, where I kind of zoned out a little at all the big words).

No comments:

Post a Comment