04 April 2015

The Far Dawn

Author: Kevin Emerson
Series: The Atlanteans #3
Rating: 1.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Bury

I am so happy to be done with this series.  I really didn't even want to read this novel after the first two, but I do like finishing out series and not leaving them half read.  So I put myself through a little bit of self inflicted torture to get it done.

I won't write a lot for this one, since I skim read it at most.  If you liked the first two, then you will probably like this one as well.  If you didn't like the first two, then don't bother with this one.  It is not a series I will ever read again, for sure, and I'll doubtfully ever pick up another novel by Emerson either.  The writing is weak, cliche, and feels a bit at times like a middle school child wrote the plot and the dialogue.  And once again, it seems like Emerson didn't really know what the heck he wanted to do with this series.  The plot goes off in a completely new tangent at least three times, and the end is so far from where we started in the beginning of the series that I honestly just stopped paying attention.

But hey, I finished it.  Cross it off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment