14 March 2015

Y: The Last Man - Deluxe Edition Vol 3

Author: Brian K. Vaughan
Series: Y: The Last Man #5 & #6
Rating: 4 / 5 stars
Verdict: Buy

It's been almost a month since I wrapped up the last edition.  Honestly, I don't know how I managed to keep this book setting on my shelf for so long without cracking it open because once I started, I devoured it.  This series is still just as engaging and suspenseful as the beginning.  It's hard to believe that two years have passed already since we first met Yorick, but a lot has happened since then.  And while the plot of this book feels a little bit slower than the first in the series, there is no lack of action.

We have pirate (cruise) ships and submarines in this volume.  We have the return of Hero, which is definitely an interesting part.  We have an interesting time at one of the last remaining churches, where Yorick gets to play God.  Oh, and we get another monkey!

The amulet part of the story, as well as the ring, seemed a little fishy to me, and I'm not entirely sure I understand the discovery Dr. Mann (we get to find out her real name!) made.  But relax, fellow readers, because we are still going strong with this series (even if Beth and Yorick both be tripping at times it seems).

No comments:

Post a Comment