14 March 2015

Day 21

Author: Kass Morgan
Series: The 100 #2
Rating: 1.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Bury

I received a free ARC copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.  Considering that the book was published last September, you can tell it took me a while to get around to it.  I requested it, received it, and then my tablet bricked, and by the time I could read it, the story had archived.  Honestly, I was not that disappointed.  After all, the first novel left such a sour taste in my mouth, and I only made it two or three episodes into the TV show before I could stomach it no more.

So really, I'm not sure why I bothered.  I guess I saw it sitting there, unread and unreviewed on my shelf, and I felt guilty.  So I got it from the library, and I finally forced myself to read it.  Well, I feel like the kid that jumps on the bandwagon because she hears how great it is.  And then she's just sitting there, looking around and shaking her head at herself thinking, "I don't get it."  That exactly sums up how I feel about this series.  Like 50 Shades of Grey, I have no Earthly idea how this author got on the New York Times bestseller list with this series.  It's terrible.  Terrible.

First of all, the title doesn't even make sense.  Day 21 is, supposedly/I guess/maybe, when they are afraid that the radiation would make them all sick, but that barely plays a role in this soap opera disaster.  We are too busy watching these teenagers frolic around, kissing each other, having sex, and declaring their love, even though they are back on Earth where people apparently still lived/survived.  And those people are starting to pick them off and kill them.  And they aren't worried?  Nope, they are only worried about their love lives.

Are you serious, Morgan?  I am amazed I was even able to finish this book (which is the only reason I gave it an extra half star).  The premise had promise, but this series is ridiculous.  I am done this time.  For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment