31 December 2014

The Queen's Army

Author: Marissa Meyer
Series: The Lunar Chronicles #1.5
Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Borrow

Ah, finally, a novella in the series worth reading, and a rather perfect way to finish out my 2014 reading list as I eagerly await the next installment(s) of the series coming in 2015.

The Queen's Army is the background story for Wolf, who is probably my favorite character from Scarlet.  He is such a dynamic character, and I fell in love with him during the series, so a background story for him was well received on my end.  Now, don't get me wrong, there is still nothing Earth shattering with this novel, and it certainly isn't a must read for the series, but I finally found a novella that seems to add something to the series, and it is worth the short amount of time it takes to read it.

This novella follows Wolf from a young boy of 12 when he is conscripted into the Queen's Army, and follows him through his training.  I'm glad I didn't read this novel before Scarlet, even though it is tagged volume "1.5" in the series, as it does ruin a few of his shocking character traits and background that added to the excitement in Scarlet.  But as I am working my way through a re-read of the series now, it is a perfect bridge between Cinder and Scarlet to transition into the new group of characters introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment