08 June 2014

Stolen

Author: Erin Bowman
Series: Taken #0.5
Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Borrow

Stolen is set before the events in Taken and follows Bree in her time still in her home community.  Even though the story is a novella, Bowman still finds time to throw in angst with some young adult romance, which rather irritated me.  If you take out this factor, however, it is still an entertaining read, and something to add to your list for sure if you are a devoted fan of the Taken series.  While the romance with a bit much for me, the remainder of the plot and the development of Bree's character were well done, and I managed to feel connected to the newly introduced characters even in the short amount of pages in the novella.  The plot is both heartbreaking but somewhat element, and the back story into Bree's character helps clarify her actions and her relationship with Gray in both Taken and Frozen.

While not a must read for the series, I will admit I rather enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment