10 November 2013

My Sort of Fairy Tale Ending

Author: Anna Staniszewski
Series: My Very UnFairy Tale Life #3
Rating: 3.5 / 5 stars
Verdict: Borrow

Full disclosure, I have not read the first two novels in this trilogy.  I have never even heard of these novels before or the author and did not realize this book was the third in a series until after I have received the galley copy from the publisher.

Even though I hadn't read the first two in the series, I decided to give it a go.  And while I know I would have enjoyed it more if I had more back story on the characters, it was still an enjoyable read.  This book does not have much in the way of character development, but it hints at characteristics that sound as if they were introduced in the previous novels.

The comedy isn't as funny as Stanszewski probably intended, but it may have hit the target better with its target audience, which is quite a bit younger than myself.  Indeed, I have the feeling I would have enjoyed this novel a lot more if I were about ten years younger.  With that said, I probably wouldn't recommend this book to my peers of my age, as the plot is a little silly and fast paced without a whole lot of development.  But for preteen and young teenagers, I reckon they would be able to easily look over these obstacles and really enjoy this novel.  I would recommend that they start from the beginning of the series, however, instead of just jumping in for this final novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment