14 September 2013

Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale

Story: Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Chris Samnee
Series: Serenity #3
Rating: 3 / 5 stars
Verdict: Borrow

I have to admit, the Shepherd was not one of my favorite characters in Firefly, but I love how he seems a bit like a walking contradiction.  His personality is great too.  But I think he works better as a member of the group and how he interacts with the other characters.

Unlike the first two volumes in the Serenity series, this volume - as suggested by the title - focuses almost solely on the Shepherd and not the Firefly crew as a whole.  So while the story is still good and interesting, it just didn't live up to the expectations I had in regards to its prequels and the television show/movie.  I don't think it would have mattered which character was the focus; I don't think I would have liked a single character volume as much as the volumes featuring the whole gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment