03 September 2013

Death Note, Volume 8

Author: Tsugumi Ohba
Series: Death Note #8
Rating: 3 / 5 stars
Verdict: Borrow

I have to say, the series just isn't the same without L.  While N and M (ha, catchy!  Except, not really) start their own internal battle of wits, as well as a battle between M and Light (and really Near and Light as well), it just doesn't have the same connection as the battle between L and Light.  But perhaps I am getting a little too caught up on the loss of L.  I, like Kira, must stay focused.  I do have to admit, Near is pretty much a younger L.  And with the struggle of possession of the Death Note, I have to admit things are still interesting.  People all still dropping dead all over the place, and Light still gets that super evil, super creepy, super scary look on his face while he is plotting.  The power struggle continues to say nothing else.

Sure, it isn't as exciting at the first few books in the series.  But it's still an interesting read, and I do still want to know if (or, more accurately, how) Light will eventually be caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment