24 June 2013

Beginning Pearls

Author: Stephan T. Pastis
Rating: 4 / 5 Stars
Verdict: Borrow

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher. I haven't read any comic strips regularly since I graduated from high school and moved away from home about six years ago. Back when I did live at home, however (and had access to a daily newspaper), the funnies were definitely my favorite part (they didn't even have Suduko in the paper back then). Pearls Before Swine was one of the comic strips I highly enjoyed reading.

Since I haven't kept up with the strip, this collection of old strips was a great little read because it was new material for me (or so old I don't remember reading it the first time around). Even though the collection is targeted to a young audience, it's a great fun read for people of all ages. I definitely chuckled aloud several times.

The collection is broken into sections by "main character" and I have to say that Rat is the funniest (by far), followed by Zebra and Goat. This book would make a great addition to any bathroom collection. I am sure I will be reading through it again before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment