11 June 2013

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging

Author: Louise Rennison
Series: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1
Rating: 4 / 5 Stars
Verdict: Buy

Just reading about Georgia and how she treats Jas and interacts with her other friends reminds me why I didn't have many female friends growing up. All of the girls in this book are self centered, superficial, and completely boy crazy - everything I hated about girls my age growing up. They can be quite mean too, as shown in the relationship between Georgia and Lindsay.

So why am I reading this series again (I read it several years ago, before the series was finishing up) if they are all so annoying and makeup and boy obsessed? Because the books are hysterical, that's why. The diary format works great with Georgia as the narrator. And Libby and Angus provide enough laughs to deal with Georgia and her friends. Plus, the interaction with her parents is a barrel of laughs as well. Would I have gotten along with Georgia at her age? No, I would probably have hated her. But do I find these books funny? Heck to the yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment